Tue, 03/15/2016 - 9:55am
The New York Six Associate Deans of Faculty Working Group announces a new initiative to identify opportunities for spouses and partners of candidates for faculty positions. Working group members belong to a listserv on which deans share C.V.'s/resumes of job-seeking partners and spouses. In addition, couples can use the links below to easily access job postings at schools across the Consortium:
Thu, 09/15/2011 - 11:28am
- Have discovered that there are competing events in fall that are making it difficult to get faculty commitments to participate.
- Recommendation that symposium be shifted to early part of spring term (winter term for Union). Hobart and William Smith’s Finger Lakes Institute willing to host.
- Amy will be confirming new timing with planning group.
Thu, 09/15/2011 - 11:27am
- Susan Kress (Skidmore provost) and Barry Pritzker (Skidmore grants officer) taking the lead in working with Amy on proposal development.
- Barry and Amy had a conference call with Teagle president Rich Morrell and program officer Annie Bezbatchenko to review our proposal concept and clarify the requirements for the planning grant proposal.
- Provosts are identifying faculty members to serve on grant committee. Group will meet in August to flesh out planning grant....
Tue, 08/09/2011 - 4:43pm
A small committee of faculty has developed a plan for our initial academic program. The draft program for this one-day event is attached. In addition to opening the program to members of our campuses, it has been suggested that we invite local leaders from each of our institutions’ “home” cities to participate in the discussions. The committee will be convening in early June to finalize the program.
Members of the planning committee: Carol Cady (SLU), Alex Chaucer (Skidmore...
Tue, 08/09/2011 - 4:16pm
The New York Six provosts recommend that the consortium submit a planning grant proposal to the Teagle Foundation under its recent “Faculty Work and Student Learning in the 21st Century” RFP. Our suggested project will explore the implications of the new ways of delivering the student learning experience (e.g., technology, experiential learning) on the work life of faculty members. Our goal is to identify ways that faculty can be better prepared for and supported in the current learning...