Thu, 02/16/2012 - 3:57pm
The NY Six Education Technology directors have developed a prototype for an ed. tech. intern program for students on the New York Six campuses which will provide practical, hands-on, educational technology experiences in an IT environment at our liberal arts institutions. The primary goals of the internship are to:
- Implement an internship model within an educational technology / IT services organization at a NY6 institution.
- Offer practical, skill-based experiences in...
Thu, 02/16/2012 - 3:51pm
- NY Six institutions entered shared contract for network security assessments, which were completed in December 2011.
- Workshop to discuss findings and best practices from the assessments was held on February 9.
- Common policy templates to help fill in gaps in campus policies are being developed.
Thu, 02/16/2012 - 3:48pm
- Launch delayed by issues with upload of databases from new member libraries.
- Current plan is to phase the launch on a campus-by-campus basis, in order to focus resources of the vendor on one implementation at a time. Skidmore will launch first in Feburary 2012.
Thu, 02/16/2012 - 3:46pm
- Policy development underway, including criteria for identifying deteriorating videotapes.
- Copyright policies and procedures being developed in consultation with legal counsel.
- Discussing new direction for streaming: live streaming of campus speakers/events to all six campuses (with permission)
Thu, 09/15/2011 - 11:26am
- Connect NY negotiations complete.
- Joint CNY/NY Six working group created to begin implementation.
- MediaShare meeting held on June 9. All projects on course. Key issue to be addressed now is copyright.
- Amy has consulted with copyright expert at Bond, Schoeneck and King (George McGuire). He will prepare an initial advisory memorandum for us, outlining the key legal issues and precedents.