Hello and welcome to the NY6 Instructional Technology Apprenticeship Program (also known as ITAP).
WHO ARE THE NY6?
The NY6 Liberal Arts Consortium consists of Colgate University, Hamilton College, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Skidmore College, St Lawrence University, and Union College. Established with the support of The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the New York Six Liberal Arts Consortium facilitates collaboration among its member institutions in fulfilling their educational missions and serving the public good. Through the sharing of expertise and resources, the Consortium enhances options for students, faculty, and staff, while reducing colleges' individual and collective operating and capital costs.
WHAT IS ITAP?
Under the umbrella of the NY6 Consortium, the Educational Technology Group have put together the ITAP program to give students practical, hands-on, educational technology experiences in an IT environment. The ITAP program is designed for students who are interested in coupling their liberal arts degree with paraprofessional experiences in the field of instructional technology. ITAP is anchored in the following five goals:
* To implement an apprenticeship model within an educational technology / IT services organization at a NY6 institution.
* To offer practical, skill-based experiences in educational and information technology.
* To teach foundational knowledge regarding the integration of technology with teaching and learning.
* To assist students in communicating their transferrable skills, grounded in a liberal arts tradition, as they enter the marketplace.
* To provide a credible portfolio and references endorsed by the New York 6 Liberal Arts Consortium.